Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

JOSHUA SANG DENIES BEING AN ODM MEMBER BUT ASKS FOR CONSULTATIONS ON TRIAL FINANCIAL AND LEGAL SUPPORT

PRESS STATEMENT
JOSHUA K. ARAP SANG
As is already in public knowledge the ICC Prosecutor has made allegations against me to the effect that I was in the year 2007 a member of ODM party, and I continue to be a member. Further that I incited people on post election violence for and on behalf of ODM.
I deny these allegations.
I have now learned that ODM has said they will hire and pay for my legal representation at ICC, presumably because I am a member of the Party.
I have never said I am a member of ODM. The question of my party membership is personal. As a journalist, I keep issues of my party loyalties personal and separate from my calling and vocation in media.
On advise of my advocates Katwa Kigen, Joel Bosek and Philemon Koech I wish to respond as hereunder:-
        I.            I maintain my innocence against the allegations made by ICC Prosecutor.
     II.            As a journalist and in my carrier, I have never acted as an agent or instrument of any political party including ODM. I insist on remaining neutral so as to discharge my duties as a journalist.
   III.            As is known I have already stated that I have limited resources. I welcome any assistance directed at me. I gratefully accept any help that is given to me in good faith and within reason, provided it does not seek to own me, or tilt my objectivity as a journalist or give me a political coloring.
  IV.            If ODM is acting in good faith then I expect that they will discuss with myself and my advocates possible options of help without prejudice. This far I do not know how they propose to intervene on my behalf. So far ODM has not contacted me personally on the matters they refer to in Press. I am surprised to meet all these issues for the first time through public press statements.
     V.            I want to trust that ODM is acting in good faith. I will await their communication away from public press, on unconditional basis, and without prejudice to my innocence of the allegations of ICC prosecutor.

Yours Faithfully,
Joshua K. Arap Sang.

25/03/2011


No comments:

Post a Comment